Product / Kee Dome Rooflight Fall Protection
Free standing fall protection solution for those working near to fragile rooflights and skylights
Kee Dome Free Standing Fall Protection
The Kee Dome® range has been designed specifically to provide protection for personnel accessing near to fragile rooflights whilst carrying out maintenance or inspections on a flat roof. The system is modular in design.
The system is a modular design and features recycled PVC bases which lock the posts into position around the rooflight’s perimeter. Kee Klamp® fittings and standard length tubes (1.5, 2.0 and 3.2m) provide a rigid frame around the rooflight. Adjustable clamping rings fix the feet securely to the corners of the rooflight base, which can be up to 4m2 in area. Kee Dome® Mini provides a less obtrusive, low level solution making it ideal for instances where building aesthetics need to be taken into consideration. The Kee Dome® Mini can be used on rooflights from 1.2m x 1.2m up to 1.8m x 1.8m.
Kee Dome® can also be used to provide protection for roof hatches. A self-closing safety gate is incorporated into the design of the Kee Dome® to allow access to the protected roof hatch.
Modular Rooflight Safety Features and Benefits
- Provides collective fall protection for rooflights, skylights and access hatches
- Recycled PVC feet do not penetrate the roof membrane
- Complies with EN 14122: pt3
- Quick and easy to assemble protection for rooflights, skylights and access hatches
- Rapid assembly around the designated areas
- Fully modular system
- Can be taken down, moved and re-erected as required.
High Safety Standards
Fully tested to meet or exceed current safety standards including:
- Kee Dome® has been tested to EN 14122.
- The Kee Dome® Mini has been externally tested to the criteria loadings taken from ACR Red Book Test for Non-Fragility of Roof Assemblies.
Collective Protection Annual Inspection
Kee Dome should be inspected and recertified annually in order to ensure the safety of continual safety of the system.
Rise in working at height safety breaches
Working at height continues to be a concern on construction sites with latest figures showing a rise in safety breaches and fatalities.
Suspended sentence for repeated safety breaches
Roofer had already been served with two prohibition notices on two separate occasions for working at height with no suitable edge protection.